The Faculty of Classics is seeking to appoint to a Temporary Lectureship in Classics from 01 September 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter. This post is a fixed-term appointment for four years which is open to those, at any stage in their career, with a primary research interest in any area of classical Greek literature. The successful candidate will have, or be expected to develop, a record of world-class research commensurate with the international reputation and top-rank research rating of the Faculty of Classics. Teaching responsibilities will include contributing to the development and delivery of undergraduate courses, and supervising final-year projects and post-graduate students.
Salary range: £37,756-£47,787
Candidates will need to show evidence of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
– Good first degree and a doctorate in a relevant subject area (or clear evidence that completion of such a doctorate is imminent);
– Evidence of ability to engage in high-level research in Greek literature, with publications and participation in scholarly activity commensurate with stage of career;
– Evidence of ability to teach effectively in Greek literature and language and Latin language at all relevant levels;
– Ability and willingness to play an effective role in the life and work of the Faculty as a whole;
– Ability to work as part of a team.
For further information about this post please click on the ‘Further particulars’ link contained within the online application facility or contact the Secretary of the Selection Committee, Faculty of Classics, Sidgwick Avenue, Cambridge CB3 9DA (tel: 01223 335193, fax: 01223 335409, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply follow the link given in the Notes box below and register an account (if you have not already) in the University’s Web Recruitment System.
Log in your account and complete the online application form and attach CV, cover letter and a sample publication.
Vacancy reference: GE02707
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 12th March 2014
Planned interview date: Friday 25th April 2014 (presentations will be held during the afternoon of Thursday 24th April 2014)