Around the late seventeenth century the settlement of Turkish soldiers in Kozani was strictly forbidden. Thus, due to this granted privilege the town remained purely Christian. In 1670 the first ,main wing, of the Sakellarios mansion was built and was later enlarged and modified, since it housed five generations of the family. In 1932 a group of architects of the National Polytechnic School of Athens making the measured drawings of various mansions of Kozani, made a complete documentation of the Sakellarios edifice in context of the Study of the Greek House, a project commissioned by the Greek Folk Art Association. In 1977 the mansion was demolished and a colourless concrete building took its place.