The Acropolis Study Centre, opened in 1987, is an annex of the New Acropolis Museum and a preparatory area for visitors to the Acropolis, for children especially. It is located in the Weiler building built in 1832 by the Bavarian civil engineer of that name. On the ground floor is an exhibition of the metopes, the frieze and the pediments of the Parthenon, while two small halls will host the sculptures of the Erechtheion and the Temple of Athena Nike. Copies of the sculptures have been made over different periods. The oldest ones are those given to Greece in 1846 by the British Government “in replacement” of the originals taken down from the Parthenon by Elgin. The old moulds of the sculptures are particularly precious, because they show surface detail, now lost in their original state. Special events will be held in a vaulted room in the basement where, for the time being, a mosaic floor is preserved as are other finds from the 1985-1986 excavations. On the first floor, work is on display done since 1975 by the Acropolis Conservation Committee.