The museum of Anthropology, one of the first of its kind in Europe, was founded in 1886 by Dr Stephanos Clon. After many adventures due to its constant relocation, it is at present located in a state of neglect on the ground floor of the building of the Biology and Histology Headquarters. Some important acquisitions have been made. Skeletons from Palaio Faliro bound in iron, bones from prehistoric Asiki and Agios Kosmas in Attika, as well as skeletons from Cefalonia and Thermi, Mytilene and Crete. Precious donations made by Bulot and Reinach create a complete picture of the evolution from the Neolithic Era to the Iron Age. Professor Mitsopoulos has donated large prehistoric collections and Mr A. Markowitz has bequeathed finds from cave excavations.