At the district called Agios Stephanos, close to the town of Chalkida, there are two factories belonging to the beginning of the 20th century. One of them is the abandoned brewery “Arethousa” which is architecturally impressive and well built for its time. The oil -kernel and soap factory, on the other hand, seems to have been built by builders from Epirus judging by the attention given to architectural detail when it was constructed. Various archaeological finds belonging to the district were walled into this factory. The factory’s founders Kapiekos and Karakostas, produced green soap with a Bee as its logo. Olive-kernel oil was exported by them abroad. Around 1930 they started to produce decorated floor tiles. The factory stopped working during the German Occupation. Today, olive-kernel oil is all the factory produces.