The 16th International Network of School Heritage Symposium will be held at the Sovereign Hill Museum, on March 25th-28th 2015. The symposium’s the is “Learning through History”.
Aim of the symposium is to explore the creative ways schools, museums and universities present the history of the past.
The aim of the symposium, which connects school museums, researchers, history teachers and museum schools, is to present and explore:
1. The effectiveness of role play
2. Museums – How do you present history?
3. Lobbying for funds
4. The history of education from a university perspective.
The working language of the conference is English. The presentations should be no longer than 15 minutes and at the end of four presentations there will be 30 minutes for discussion and questions.
Closing date for receipt of abstracts submission is 30th September 2014.
Notification of papers accepted will take place by 31st October 2014.
Please click here for the submission form.
All submissions are to include a 100 word biography, and 300 word abstract.
Interested parties are invited to submit an abstract to
or by mail to:
Sovereign Hill School,
c/o Sovereign Hill Post Office
1. The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference.
2. Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register for the conference.
3. By submitting this proposal you grant the organisers permission to publish the abstract (and final paper) in hard copy and electronic format. The organising committee’s decision on acceptance of proposals will be final.