Postdoctoral Researcher in Digital Humanities is the title of a position advertised in the Archaeological Research Unit, University of Cyprus.
The University of Cyprus invites applications for the vacancy of one (1) postdoctoral research position at the Archaeological Research Unit. The selected candidate will work for the operation of the Graduate Program of “Digital Humanities” of the University of Cyprus and the production of research work that will arise from it under the auspices of the Chair of Silvia Ioannou on Digital Humanities.
Postdoctoral Researcher: Duties and responsibilities
– Engagement in high-level research in two or more of the following research areas with an emphasis in Archeology:
– GeoInformatics (Geophysical Prospection, Satellite Remote Sensing, Geographical Information Systems (GIS)).
– Photogrammetry, 3D representations, and modeling, Virtual Reality
– Big Data, Crowdsourcing, Artificial Intelligence.
– Computational methods, Statistical analysis, Network Analysis
– Support in the teaching process of the Graduate program of Digital Humanities (laboratories, practical training, etc).
– Writing of at least two articles in peer-review scientific journals and publication of relevant results in collaboration with the head professor of the Chair of Silvia Ioannou on Digital Humanities and/or other related members of the research team.
– Writing of at least one (1) Research proposal in collaboration with the head professor of the Chair.
– Candidates must have a Ph.D. in one of the following or related fields: Landscape archaeology, geosciences (e.g. topography, geology, environment, etc.), natural sciences, computer sciences, Computer Informatics
– The doctoral degree should come from a recognized higher education institution.
– Candidates must possess excellent skills in their research field and in writing scientific papers and research proposals in the English language.
– Proven research experience (at least 3 years) in the above fields through their participation in European or international research programs.
– Programming skills.
Conditions of Employment
The contract is for a period of 12 months (127.73 hours per month), with the possibility of renewal for 6 more months. The monthly salary is € 2.088,77 (gross earnings, before taxes). The employee and employer contributions will be covered by this amount.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
(a) Cover letter (in Greek or English) explaining the suitability of the person for the postdoctoral position announced.
(b) Curriculum Vitae in Greek or English.
(c) Copies of University degrees (BA/BSc, MA/ΜSc, and Ph.D.).
(d) Names and contact details of two (2) referees (preferably academics).
The selected candidate will be asked to submit copies of his/her University degrees certified by the Ministry of Education (in cases of private and public Institutions in Cyprus) or from the Issuing Authority (in cases of Academic Institutions abroad).
All the above should be sent via email to [email protected] no later than Sunday, July 26th at 23:59 Cyprus local time (GMT+2), with the indication (subject) «Silvia Ioannou Chair for Digital Humanities – Post-Doctoral Researcher».
For more information, potential candidates may contact Professor Apostolos Sarris, «Silvia Ioannou Chair for Digital Humanities at the email: [email protected]
For additional info click here