Classics at the University of Glasgow is inviting applications for the 2022 British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship competition.
Details about the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme, including eligibility, are available here: https://www.thebritishacademy.ac.uk/funding/postdoctoral-fellowships/guidance-notes-2021-22/
We are keen to support outstanding candidates with interests that overlap with the research expertise of our members of staff, including ancient technology and medicine, ancient drama, ancient historiography, fragmentary literature, Roman Republican politics, Greek religion, and Late Antiquity. For information about our research specialisms, see our staff webpages: https://www.gla.ac.uk/subjects/classics/staff/. Candidates should contact potential mentors to discuss their project *before applying*.
The College of Arts will be operating a selection process. This is to ensure that candidates have the best chance of success and to ensure that candidates have the strongest support. Those applicants recommended to apply will receive support from Arts Lab, the Research Office, and their mentor to develop their application.
Expressions of interest must be submitted to the College of Arts Research Office 24th August. This should comprise:
– Summary of the proposed research project (1 page)
– Description of how it relates to previous research (1/2 page)
– CV (2 page)
– Name of mentor and confirmation that mentor has agreed to participate.
– 24th Aug – deadline for EoIs (please send them as 1 Word document to [email protected])
– From 1st Sep – College of Arts panel feedback returned to candidates
– 17th September – deadline for first drafts to be reviewed by Arts Lab
– 4th October – deadline for final drafts to be checked
– 8th October – submission in BA portal to allow for institutional approval
– 14th October – final submission date
For any questions, please contact Lisa Irene Hau ([email protected]).